Extends leadership in rackmount server market for defense applications
Mercury Systems, Inc.(NASDAQ: MRCY, www.mrcy.com) announced it added more than 50 models to its EnterpriseSeries™ rackmount server product line, extending its leadership as one of the largest, most capable rugged rackmount server providers. Built from the ground up for mission critical applications where industry-leading performance, reliability, and SWaP are imperatives, Mercury’s servers are deployed in a variety of critical defense, industrial, and commercial applications.“These new models in our EnterpriseSeries rackmount server line further expand Mercury’s capabilities in the C4ISR market,” said Scott Orton, Vice President and General Manager of Mercury’s Trusted Mission Solutions group. “We believe our knowledge and expertise in defense computing environments is second to none. With a multitude of form factors, configurations, and enhancement options – including nation-state-level security features – we can help our customers define the optimum server solution for their mission.”
The EnterpriseSeries Lineup
- RES-XR6 computing on the edge: Packaging the latest Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and 2666MHz DDR4 ECC memory, RES-XR6 servers are available in 1U, 1.5U, 2U, and 3U form factors with depths as shallow as 13”. RES-XR6 feature expansion slots, rear or front high-speed I/O, security features, and various storage options to deliver maximum system expansion and configuration versatility for current and future system requirements. Previous generation RES-XR5 systems are also offered – featuring 31 product options.
- RES-NT2 Supercomputing and Virtualization: Designed for the most aggressive mission-critical workloads, RES-NT2 systems package up to eight NVIDIA® GPGPUs to increase throughput and accelerate applications. Currently offered in eight 1U, 2U, 3U, and 4U form factors with depths as shallow as 20”, RES-NT2 servers are suited for Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), big data analytics, simulation, modeling, and computational physics applications.
- RES HD modular and composable platforms: Featuring six “plug and play” compute, storage, networking, PCIe expansion, management, and GPGPU modules, RES HD is a scalable and extensible platform that can be configured according to application needs. Chassis options include the 10” wide HDslim and Themis RES-HD 2U/3U that integrate the latest Intel Xeon Scalable processors, as well as the 10” deep HDversa that holds up to twelve low power Intel Xeon D processors. RES HD chassis accommodate current, previous, and future generation RES HD modules – reducing the total cost of ownership by simplifying logistics and eliminating the need to rip and replace.
- Small Form Factor Servers: The 15 lb. RESmini and 9 lb. Toughbox mobile computing systems are designed for space constrained expeditionary operations. The RESmini features one Intel Xeon Scalable CPU with up to 28 cores, 768GB memory, up to 240TB of storage, and an optional FAA-compliant UPS power case that provides over 100min of autonomous operation. The Toughbox integrates an Intel Xeon D-2183IT CPU with up to 16 cores, 512GB memory, and up to 128TB storage in a 4.5”x 9”x 8.5” form factor that operates on a +9VDC – +28VDC power source and features vehicle auto sense protection.
EnterpriseSeries Features & Capabilities
With a 30-year track record in delivering reliable server solutions for defense applications, Mercury’s servers are known for their long life-cycles, high-performance, environmental resiliency, interoperability, and SWaP optimization.
- Enhanced Reliability: EnterpriseSeries servers meet a wide range of military specifications including MIL-STD 810G, 461F (EMI/RFI), 901D (shock), 167-1 (vibration), 1474-D (airborne noise), and 740-2 (structural borne noise). All servers operate in 0°C to +50°C ranges, with greater temperature extremes available for special configurations. Advanced thermal and mechanical design features deliver superior resilience to shock, vibration, dust, sand, and temperature extremes. Dual redundant, hot swappable AC or DC power supplies on select servers provide high availability. Additional reliability features, testing, and certifications are available upon customer request.
- COTS Technology: EnterpriseSeries servers integrate leading-edge commercial components such as Intel processors, NVIDIA graphic cards, Mellanox switches. These commercial technologies are quickly and affordably adopted to maximize performance and improve interoperability.
- Minimal Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP): EnterpriseSeries servers are designed to meet extreme installation constraints at the tactical edge–minimizing size, weight, and power requirements without compromising performance or reliability.
- Enhancements: Designated G Series products offer multiple enhancement options such as a system control module for remote management, CAC reader for extra security measures, patented Aeroloc Baffle system for low airflow operations, remote battery bypass that enables BIOS battery replacement without system shutdown, and read/write switches to prevent accidental rewrite.
- Modified COTS Expertise: For specialized applications, Mercury designs and builds modified COTS server solutions with customer-specific space, environmental, and performance requirements. In-house facilities support rapid prototyping of test and evaluation units with 3D model prototypes available within 48 hours. Environmental test labs include thermal chambers, air flow benches, acoustic chambers, shock tables, and vibration tables. Mercury’s AS9100D and ISO9001 facilities maintain quality and compliance to meet customer expectations.
- Configuration & EOL Management: Mercury offers after-sale obsolescence management at product End Of Life (EOL) to support current and future deployments. G Series hardware and firmware management ensures delivery of the same server configuration over multiple years.