What is an industrial system? In addition to the purely literal meaning of the term, we can say that “an industrial system” is a set of products that have the common task of achieving the control of a generic industrial process.
Usually the system is based on a data processing device, typically with a microprocessor, connected to the external through interfaces that acquire data to control, called "communication ports”, and a display system for the operator based on a monitor and a keyboard.
In larger systems, the control activities are locally managed through systems called PLC, which exchange the information to the main control system by fast connections over Ethernet.
In smaller systems, instead, the acquisition and management is controlled directly by the central system.
Typically, the control devices must operate in a hostile environment, so great attention is paid to the robustness and reliability of parts: shock, vibration, interference, temperature variations and dust, put a strain on the equipment.
Sometimes the system control display unit are integrated within a single chassis, in which case we speak of Panel PC, often with a human touch-sensitive display, the touch screen.
In summary, the system is essentially composed of three distinct parts:
- The input part commonly called I / O;
- The unit of data processing, based on one or more industrial PC;
- The view part by an LCD display with an industrial keyboard, or a touch-screen.
Eurolink Systems, which has been operating for decades in the world of supply and integration of components for the defense market, transport and automation, works daily side by side with customers by providing them with support and assistance in choosing the best solution for each application.
The product range covers all modules of the industrial system, the choice between the different manufacturers represented is very wide, and between the many components may include:
- The acquisition modules external USB, serial or Ethernet;
- The systems for acquiring and full pre-processing of data;
- Industrial PC Rack, fanless box PC, card cage units and a wide range of CPU boards;
- Monitors, Panel PC and industrial keyboards;
- Products to connect systems over Ethernet cable like as switches, in copper or fiber, converters
and wireless solutions;
- Important accessories such as solid state disks, also called SSD, replacing in its entirety one of the
critical parts of the system, the hard disk;
- All components used to store equipments: chassis, racks and cabinets in all the most popular formats.
Please contact for the complete products range, a price quotation and availability.
All trademarks and copyright are property of their respective owners.
Copyright © 2011 EUROLINK SYSTEMS Srl - All rights reserved. P.IVA (VAT n°) 05374591005